Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Show Your Support

There is so much, that goes on in March. But the one thing I ask all of you, is to show your support. Please, sport your colors, this month. It matters. It makes a difference in people's lives. When they see you, sporting their colors.


This month, is Colon Cancer Awareness month. And I ask you, to not just wear blue, this Friday. But every Friday, in March. It's a small gesture, but one that means a lot. To so many people, that are fighting colon cancer. Who are survivors, family, and friends. Also, to me.

 
I will be sporting my blue, all month long. And thinking about my Daddy. And his fight, against this disease. Please, show your love. You are more than welcome, to post to social media, and tag your posts #LoveForBlue. I'd LOVE to see your pictures! You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.


I don't know, if I've ever mentioned this before, but my Dad also had epilepsy. For over 60 years, my Dad lived this disease. He NEVER let it stop him, from doing what he needed to. He worked, he lived life, and he learned over time, how to live with seizures.

March 26th, is Epilepsy Awareness Day. This is another disease, that I'm passionate about. Mostly, because I watched my Dad, for my entire life. At a young age, I learned how to take care of him. When he had seizures. I learned the pattern. What was needed. And how to care for him.

As an adult, I've learned even more. Including my risk factors. And the possible risks, for any future children. I'm very passionate about this illness. For all the suffering, that I've seen. For the way, most people don't understand it. And for the way, it would crush my Dad, every single time...that he had a seizure.

For this month, I'll be sporting purple. Every single Monday, in March. And I hope you do the same. Know that this is a tough disease too. It's one, that often times, is silent. People, like my Dad, try to maintain their disease. They take their medication, try to keep stress at bay, and go to the doctor regularly. But it's not a disease, that can really be controlled.

It's embarrassing, many times, for the person who suffers from epilepsy. They struggle. Seizures come, when they least expect it. In places, they'd never expect. And they have no control. Not of their body. Not of their seizure. Many people don't know how to react. Make fun of, the person having the seizure. Take advantage of them. Steal from them.

This month, I ask that you take the time, to remember these people. There is not a lot of "support" behind the disease. You don't hear of people organizing runs, fundraisers, and the such. But I ask you, to have compassion. More than anything at all. Be understanding. Be kind.

Unlike most "Wishful Wednesdays," this one is about support. Not in terms of items, or money. But in terms of, being kind. Being thoughtful. And being supportive. Choose a blue or purple shirt. Wear it. Proudly. And I'm sure, someone you least expect, will be touched. That there is some support out there, for them! ❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment