Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Caring For The Caregivers

I know. It's the toughest job, you'll ever have. But it's also the most rewarding one, you'll ever have! And honestly, as tough as it can be at times, it's not a "job." The days are long. Sleep, is not easy. Rarely, do you have alone time. Your own needs, they come last. But you wouldn't have it any other way.

At least, that's the way I felt. I put myself, last. Every single day. Because there were more important things, that needed to be done. I've learned, most caregivers are the same way. They always put themselves last. ALWAYS!

That is why I started the Caregiver Boxes. And trying to reach out to caregivers. Because it's a tough job. One that doesn't get much, if any, glory. People aren't paying you. They're not thanking you. Most of the time, you're overlooked. And I wanted the caregivers out there, to know, they matter too!

This project, is one of my favorites. Out of everything we do. To acknowledge the caregivers. To send them a little something, that hopefully makes them smile. Brightens their day. And lets them know, they are not alone. There are other people, just like them, traveling a tough journey.

I never realized, the cost, of these boxes. I mean, I use the USPS frequently. As most of my friends, live out of town. But the cost, has added up quickly. And I now realize, I need a little help. So on this Wishful Wednesday, I'm asking for some help. For the caregivers.

My plan is, to sell some items, targeted at raising funds for our Caregiver Boxes. The "color" for caregivers is purple. So that's our next color, I'll be tackling. I want to be able, to set up a "purple area," at our sales. And I'm hoping to have everything put together, before our big Love for Blue Fundraiser, in April.

I do need some help though. I have already begun, making purple items. And I look forward, to seeing what I can create. But I'd like to be able, to sell a few of the following items...


These purple awareness bracelets, are $28 for 50. And I know, from experience, that I can sell them for $1 a piece.


These angel pins, well to me, they scream caregiver. The silent angel, that is taking care, of their loved one. They are $45 for 18. I'm sure, we can get $5-10 a piece, for these sweet pins.


These keychains, would also be a nice item, to sell. I'm sure, we could get $1-2 a piece. And the cost is, $12 for 25 keychains.

If you would like to help out our cause, you can directly purchase the items. Which would be a HUGE help! You can also choose any of the items, from this section of the website. I'll be collecting, purple items. Of any kind. Or you could make a monetary donation.

As always, we welcome any assistance, in the form of postage, gift cards, items, cards, and money. You can always contact me here at the blog, via e-mail (LoveForBlue2015@aol.com), or on Facebook. Thank You, for taking the time to read this. This cause, has such a soft place, in my heart. Happy Wednesday! ❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment