Thursday, February 25, 2016

Memories

Memories. They are a funny little thing. They cloud your mind at times. They take you back in time. Remind you, of both good and bad times. When life beats you down. And family picks you back up. Memories, they are our "record book," of a life well lived.


I can sit here and recall a lot about life. People, places, events. Times that have come to an end. People who have since passed. Places, that have changed. But the memories, they are there. Forever. Sometimes, appearing at the most awkward times. But always present.

For a day out, that might take a few hours, you can remember that time, for a lifetime! You can recall an outing, for years. And I stop and think about this a lot .Having lived a lot, in the last few years. What would I change? I'd live more. Make more memories. Really, it's all we have to hang onto.


I can look back now, and remember so much of life. The good and the bad. The feelings, the smells, the people, the light, the weather. Times that I'd like, to be transported back to. People, I'd like to have, just one more conversation with. Maybe a place that has brought good memories.

Those memories, at times, get me through the difficult days. The days that feel long. When all you do is struggle. Remembering those memories, can light up my mood. Put a smile on my face. And remind me, that all struggles, are worth it.


As we're living life, we don't realize, that these "everyday events"...will one day be memories. Good and bad. We're just living. Sometimes, not appreciating the moments. The silly smile of a loved one. A gentle touch. Or a sweet smell.

I've come to find, these are the best memories. The memories that we never saw coming. The ones that are of, our everyday life. Of just sitting and talking. Laughing. Being silly. Those are the best memories. Without a doubt in my mind. They are the best.

Today, is my Dad's birthday. And I just look back, and think about the things, that made our relationship great. It was the little things. Talks on the way to school. Early morning phone calls, when I was older. And in his last months, it was just spending the afternoon together. Doing nothing more than, enjoying each other's company. And sharing a few laughs.

It's the little things in life, that make life worth living. It's those little things, that we end up cherishing. That we hold in our hearts forever. That turn into memories, when we least expect it. And on the this day especially, I'm so very thankful, for all the memories I store in my heart.

Take the time, to enjoy life. To really enjoy it. To do the things, you wouldn't normally do. To make memories. Because one day, those will be the most beautiful things, you have in your life. Your memories. ❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment