Monday, February 29, 2016

In the Genes?

Interesting. That's what I thought, as I read this article. Makes me wonder about a lot of different things. Especially, over the last few months. I've researched a lot of different areas...associated with colon cancer.

And now, what I'd always thought...seems to be backed up. With a little research. Don't get me wrong. There is still much to be researched, and studied.


But for me, it just solidifies the importance, of colonoscopies, screening, and knowing your history. Yes, it is very important to live a healthy lifestyle. But equally as important, is knowing your history. Knowing the chances of a possible cancer. And staying on top, of all those things.

I just find it intriguing, that the mutation of the APC gene, was found in an 18th century mummy. Goes to show, just how important our "Family History," really is. Did it cause colon cancer? We don't know. But it was there.

Can you imagine, all those years ago...having this mutation? This early research, doesn't really prove what causes modern day colon cancer. Much like, "What came first? The chicken? Or the egg?" But we know have a better understanding, of the importance, of screening. ❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment