Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Officer Daniel Webster

Today, we are Albuquerque Strong! We lost a police officer, just days ago. He fought for his life, and ultimately, was called home. Rest in Peace, Officer Webster.


I never knew Officer Webster. But there was something about his story, that called to my Mom and I. And we decided to use, some of our scholarship money, to help his family. To show our support, for what they do for us. Officer Webster's wife, is also a Bernalillo County Deputy.


Last week, I made a bunch of these blue hearts. I attached pins to the back. And sold them for $1. At the Growers' Market. Almost immediately, we sold out. $25 made, in less than 10 minutes. Goes to show, the support our community has, for our fallen hero. I've made more. And will be adding some pictures, on here and Facebook, of other items I'm making.

All the sales, will be donated back to the Webster Family. My Mom and I, have talked about this. And decided, this is what my Dad would have done. Had he still been alive, my Dad would have already made a donation. Of a few hundred dollars. Because, that's what he did. He gave back to his community. He support them. And rallied behind them.

You see, my Dad was a little bit of a softy. When it came to local law enforcement. Actually, anyone that asked him for help. If my Dad ever got a call from the Albuquerque Police Department, Bernalillo County Sheriff's Department, or the Albuquerque Fire Department, he couldn't say no. Whether it was for active duty, or the retirees, my Dad donated.

It made me cry, just recently. I went to look at some papers, and came across a folder. Where my Dad kept all these bumper stickers, from all these agencies. They were all supporting our local first responders. Saying Thank You, for your donations. And all these letters. For years and years. It made me realize, just how much my Dad, loved his community.

When we first heard of Officer Webster's story, it touched my Mom and I. Because my Dad was so passionate, about helping out. Supporting his first responders. Because over the past few years, we've gotten to know so many of these people. Personally. Along with the ambulance drivers.

My Mom and I, have gone out to as many fundraisers, as possible. Stood in line, for hours, for a pizza. My Mom donated blood. We've tried to rally behind this family. Because Officer Webster, was a good man. Trying to make, our community, a better place.

Over the next few days, I'll be adding more items for sale. Sticking with the "Blue Theme." As our city is being painted blue, for our local Superman. And on Monday, I'll be making a donation, of all the money raised. If you would like to purchase anything, let me know. Here on the blog, via e-mail (LoveForBlue2015@aol.com), or on Facebook.

 
If you are local, remember to wear blue today. Change your porch light, to a blue one. Or add a blue ribbon to your home. Today, our community says goodbye, to a good man. Thank You Officer Webster! You have done your community proud! ❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment