Sunday, March 1, 2015

Surprise Birthday Party!

It has been snowing so much here! It started after my Dad's birthday. And on Friday night, really came down! Around midnight, I followed a snowplow home. And my Mom stayed the night, with my Dad.

Why? I guess I could have stayed in the hospital too. But I had been cooking up a Surprise Birthday Party for my Daddy. And I needed to get some things done. To my surprise, on Saturday morning, I spent hours digging out our car. And begging the lady, at the cake shop, to meet me.

The roads were still pretty bad, when I finally left home. Around 11AM. But I managed to get out. I picked up the cake. Which by the way, weighed a ton! I ALMOST lost it, in the parking lot. But managed to get it in the car. Made one last stop at the Dollar Tree. And to the hospital I went.

I spent the rest of the day, hanging out in my Dad's room. Which I had decorated on his birthday. It was still decorated, and he was so excited, every single time, a new visitor would come. Or a new staff member. He just LOVES when people see his decorations!

I left late again. Actually, I considered staying the night. But knew I had a few things to get done in the morning. And on Sunday morning, I headed out. I called, and ordered pizzas. Ran to Wal-Mart for the rest of the food, and supplies. Went home. Cooked like a crazy lady. And then, locked the keys in the car...

It took my neighbor and I, a while to get them. Which made me late. But through a few text messages, family and friends knew I was coming. The nurses, agreed, to let my Dad out of his room. And things were back on track!

We quickly got things moved, from the parking garage, to the third floor Waiting Room. Everyone pitched in, to decorate. And the Birthday Boy, made his entrance! My Dad was so excited!!!


That's the two off us there. Waiting to blow out his birthday candles. He was so surprised. Because initially, we had planned a party, at our favorite restaurant. But my Dad was in the hospital. And at the last minute, I had a good surprise.


Here are most of the guests. We completely took over the Waiting Room. For hours! My Dad was able to hang out with us, for nearly an hour and a half. When he had to return to his room, everyone took a chance, to go visit him.

It really was a blessed day! One that we hadn't expected. Who ever thinks about spending their birthday in the hospital? But we made it, the best we could. Shared lots of laughs. Have lots of memories. And even shared with our hospital staff! Happy 82nd Birthday Daddy! Wishing you many more, wonderful and blessed birthdays! ❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment