Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Please Wear Blue

As difficult, as the last few days have been, we are trying to find the bright spots. And we are asking everyone, that is attending my Dad's services, to wear blue. We don't want to look at his passing, with such heavy hearts. It is a difficult time. The most difficult, that I've ever experienced.

But weeks ago, my Dad asked me, to make sure his services...were a "Celebration of His Life." And that is what I'm asking you. To think of the good times, your good memories, and my Dad's accomplishments. Think of all the joy, that my Dad brought you. There will always be time to mourn. Let these few days, be a "Celebration of Life."


I say this, because funerals are always difficult. There are many tears to be shed. It's heartbreaking, to say goodbye, to your loved one. But for my Dad, we want it to be different. We want people to remember the good times. It's what he wanted. It's what he asked for. And it's what, I'm going to try and give him.

It doesn't matter the color of blue. We just want, to paint the church blue. Because he was Blue. Because he battled colon cancer, with everything he had. And because, we love him. I hope that you, will join us. And that you will spread the word.

During these difficult days, it's the one thing, that can make a person smile. I'm not looking forward to my Daddy's services. But I know, I will feel the comfort, looking out at a "Sea of Blue." And I know, my Daddy, will be smiling down from Heaven. ❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment