Thursday, August 27, 2015

The Love For Blue Community Scholarship Fund

Our second scholarship, is a community based scholarship. Like I said yesterday, my Dad was so passionate about kids. His community, meant the world to him. He wanted the people, from Albuquerque, to excel.

The Love for Blue Community Scholarship, is a $250 scholarship. This scholarship is for any person, team, or organization, in the Albuquerque area. We are looking for teams and organizations, that work with children. And for people, doing community work, in the Albuquerque area.





We have been very blessed, to have raised more money, that we first expected. And would like to continue, my Dad's work. In our community. My Dad was so very passionate, about his hometown. About being a resident of, the South Valley. And having the ability, to help others. It's where my heart also lays. In this place, reaching out, to the members of our community...that need a "hand up."

For years and years, my Dad donated money to the APD, AFD, and BCSD. Any group or organization, that needed help, knew to come ask my Dad. He would donate to schools, sports teams, individuals, symphonies, students, organizations in our community, and so many more. I truly don't think, my Dad knew how to say "No."

My Dad's passion, came from being a lifelong resident, of Albuquerque's South Valley. He wanted to see his community, become stronger. To see the children, go further in life. He wanted to make his hometown, a better place. And he would do anything, to see that happen.

My Dad, was truly a role model, for "Pay it Forward." He knew, how lucky he was. And blessed. Blue, only had an eighth grade education. But he had a work ethic, like no one I've ever met. He'd work from 3AM-10PM. Every single day!

And Blue never wanted to see kids, do without. Have to leave school. Or suffer. He wanted the kids in his community, to have the chances in life, that he hadn't had. He didn't just provide for his own family. He worked for his community. To do these things, for the people he was passionate about.

Like I said, this scholarship is open, to the greater Albuquerque area. For organizations, teams, or individuals, who work with our youth. And to groups, that do community work.

If you are interested, please e-mail me at LoveForBlue2015@aol.com, leave me a message here, or contact me on Facebook. So I can get you an application. The deadline is May 1, 2016. And the winner, will be picked by my Mom and I. And again, we only ask that the winner, make some cards...that we can deliver to the Presbyterian Cancer Center. ❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment